A friend asked me what corn fed actually means in relation to chicken. I didn't have much of an idea so I did a bit of research and here's what I found.
1. If a chicken is labeled as corn fed it does not mean that it is free range unless this is stated.
2. If the label does not state that the corn was gm free then you can be sure that it was fed gm corn.
3. If a chicken is labeled as corn (maize) fed this means that its feed was at least 50 per cent maize for half of its life which is a minimum of 28 days if it was free range.
4. Though corn fed free range chicken may taste better than regular chicken it is not necessarily better for you.
5. If you want the best you have to pay extra and get an organic chicken which is likely to have spent more time on grass and so contains a higher amount of vitamin e - its also going to taste great!